Royal Falooda is a perfect drink for summers. Falooda is a famous drink in India and also in other countries. there are different versions of it. you have kesar falooda, kulfi falooda, pista falooda, etc. it is perfect to have during Ramadan because we are using basil seeds in it which is a good coolant for our body.
we need rose syrup. you can use store-bought ones but I used homemade rose syrup. you will also need vermicelli. you need to take about 1/4 cup of vermicelli and add to the boiling water and cook for about 5 to 8 mins. drain the water. in order to prevent it from sticking to each other, I like to soak it with some cold water until I use it.
I had orange flavored jelly so I used that. you can use any flavor you want. Also, normally I add fruits and nuts but since I made this for iftar I skipped adding fruits because I had made fruit custard too.
- Milk (boiled and reduced to half) 500 ml
- Basil seeds 1 tsp
- Vermicelli cooked ½ cup
- Rose syrup 2 tbsp
- Jelly crystals 1 packet
- Cherry for garnishing
- Strawberry ice cream 2 coops
- for rose syrup:
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water ¾ cup
- Rose essence 1 tsp
- Pink food color 2 drops
- To prepare the rose syrup:
- Take sugar and water in a saucepan. cook until it is slightly sticky to touch.
- Add essence and color.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down completely.
- Soak the basil seeds in water for 15 mins.
- Prepare the jelly according to the instructions on the package.
- Take two tall glasses. Add 1 tbsp rose syrup.
- Next, Add cooked vermicelli followed by basil seeds
- Add the chilled milk and jelly pieces.
- Top it with a scoop of strawberry ice cream and a cherry on top.
Step By Step Pictures To Prepare Royal Falooda:
To prepare the rose syrup:
Take sugar and water in a saucepan. cook until it is slightly sticky to touch.
Add essence and color and switch off the flame. Allow it to cool down completely.
To prepare Falooda:
Soak the basil seeds in water for 15 min.
Prepare the jelly according to the instructions on the package.
Take two tall glasses. Add 1 tbsp rose syrup.
Next, Add cooked vermicelli followed by basil seeds
Add the chilled milk and jelly pieces.
Top it with a scoop of strawberry ice cream and a cherry on top.