Steamed Chicken Roast is a very good starter. Many a time when we shallow fry the chicken there are chances that the chicken remains undercooked. Hence we are steaming the marinated chicken first and then roasting it. This ensures that the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Another good thing about this dish is we are using very little oil for frying so double thumbs up for that. This has become my current favourite.
In restaurants when they make tandoori chicken or tikkas they always parboil the marinated chicken. then they hang it so that it is nicely dried and then make tikkas or tandoor.
I have used my steamer for steaming the chicken but in case you don’t have a steamer then you can just pressure cook the marinated chicken and then cook it till all the water is evaporated and then proceed.
I have used refined oil in the marinade but you can use mustard oil as well for the earthy flavour.
- Chicken 8 pieces
- Curd ½ cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder 1½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala powder 1 tsp
- Ajwain or Carom seeds ½ tsp
- Cornflour 2 tbsp
- Kasoori methi 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- In a bowl take curd, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, chaat masala powder, ginger garlic paste,salt to taste, cornflour, kasoori methi, oil, lemon juice.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinate for one hour.
- Steam it in a steamer for 30 mins, first 10 mins on high flame next 20 mins on medium flame.
- Transfer this to a pan add butter and roast it for 5 mins on each side.
- Serve hot.
Stepwise Pictures of Steamed Chicken Roast:
In a bowl take curd (my curd was frozen),
Chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, pepper powder,
Garam masala powder,
Chaat masala powder,
Ginger garlic paste,
Oil and lemon juice.
Add the chicken pieces and marinate for one hour.
Place the marinated chicken inside the steamer.
Steam it in a steamer for 30 mins, first 10 mins on high flame next 20 mins on medium flame.
Transfer this to a pan.
Add butter and roast it for 5 mins on each side.