Pazham pori is a famous snack from Kerala. They are prepared from ripe plantains or nendra bananas. Raw plantains are used to prepare banana chips. Nendra bananas are also used to prepare banana halwa.
My mother used to make this fritters for me and my siblings when we were kids. She likes it a lot. She adds cumin seeds. I forgot to add today. In Mangalore, it’s called as banana podi.
Whenever my father would go to a hotel with his friends he would get banana podi for my mother.
If you do not get nendra bananas u can use any other variety.
You can serve these as an evening snack with some hot tea or coffee.
- Ripe plantains/ nendra bananas 2 nos
- Maida 1 cup
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Baking soda a pinch
- Fenugreek powder ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut each banana in half and Slice them lengthwise.
- In a bowl take Maida sugar baking soda fenugreek powder.
- Add water and make a batter of flowing consistency.
- Dip each slice of banana in the batter and deep fry in oil until golden brown.
Stepwise Pictures Of Pazham Pori:
Cut each banana in half and Slice them lengthwise.
In a bowl take Maida sugar baking soda fenugreek powder.
Add water and make a batter of flowing consistency.
Dip each slice of banana in the batter.
Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
Add 3 to 4 at a time.
Serve it hot with a cup of hot tea or coffee.