Chicken Lababdar can be found on the menu of many Indian restaurants. It is a North-Indian gravy. This gravy is very rich and creamy. We usually make such dishes on special occasions or when we have some guests coming over. Chicken Lababdar is onion-tomato based gravy. You need Brown Onion Paste. You will also need Roasted Tomato Puree. I have cooked my chicken separately in the pressure cooker.
- Chicken 750 gms
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Brown onion paste 4 tbsp
- Roasted tomato puree 1½ cup
- Chilli powder 2 Tsp
- Garam masala powder ¾ Tsp
- Roasted cumin seeds powder ¾ Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream ½ cup
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Kasoori methi 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the brown onion paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Add in roasted tomato puree and cook for 5 mins.
- Add chilli powder, Garam masala powder, cumin seeds powder, salt.
- Fry till raw smell goes.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces and toss well until the masala is nicely coated with the chicken.
- Add the stock and let it come to a boil.
- Now add fresh cream, butter and kasoori methi and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh cream.
Stepwise Pictures Of Chicken Lababdar:
Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
Add the brown onion paste and cook for two mins.
Add the roasted tomato puree and cook for 5 mins.
Add Chilli powder, Garam masala powder, roasted cumin seeds powder and salt.
Fry until raw smell goes away.
In goes the cooked chicken and toss well.
Add the stock and let it come to a boil.
Now add the Fresh cream, butter and kasoori methi. mix nicely.
Garnish with some fresh cream.