Chicken cutlet is favourite for most people. We usually make this during Ramadan for iftar. These are very easy to prepare. Although you should take care of one thing. cooking the potatoes. If you overcook them they will become soggy and the chicken cutlet will not hold its shape well.
People who are vegetarian can skip the chicken and add other veggies like carrots, french beans, green peas etc. I will share that recipe soon.
- Boiled potatoes 4
- Chicken breast 1 (boiled and shredded)
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Capsicum half no finely chopped
- Turmeric powder half tsp
- Chilly powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 4 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the sliced onions.
- Fry till light pink.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste. Fry till raw smell goes.
- Add the chopped capsicum.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder. fry for few secs.
- Add the garam masala powder. fry for a minute.
- Add the shredded chicken. Mix nicely.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- In a bowl take boiled potatoes.
- Mash it nicely.
- Add the prepared masala and mix nicely.
- Make small patties.
- In a small bowl break open 1 egg and lightly beat it.
- Dip each patty in egg and shallow fry in oil
Stepwise pictures of chicken cutlets:
Heat oil in a pan and the finely chopped onions. fry till they turn soft.
Add the ginger and garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell goes.
Add the chopped capsicum and fry for about 30 secs.
Add the spice powders, Turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder.
Fry till raw smell goes.
Add the garam masala powder and mix nicely.
Add the shredded chicken and mix.
Add the chopped coriander leaves.Mix it well.
In a bowl take boiled potatoes.
Mash it nicely.
Add the prepared masala.
Make patties out of it.
Break open one egg and beat it lightly.
Dip each cutlet in the egg.
Heat oil in a pan for frying.
shallow fry the cutlets on medium flame.
When one side is done flip over.
Serve it hot with some ketchup.