Caramel Pudding from scratch. Caramel Pudding is a silky custard with Caramel on top. It just melts in the mouth. It is very easy to prepare this Pudding and requires basic ingredients but the result is fantastic.There is another dish which is similar to this Caramel Pudding, Crème Brûlée. This pudding can be either steamed in a steamer or baked in an oven using the water bath method. I personally prefer steaming.
Do not overcook the pudding else it will get scrambled. Once the Caramel Pudding is done refrigerate it for at least 6 hours.I have used 4 whole eggs here but you can also add three yolks and two whole eggs. that is if you have some leftover yolks.
I usually make this Caramel Pudding one day ahead so that it is nicely chilled when I serve it to my guests.I made this Caramel pudding in a 7-inch cake tin but you could make this in individual moulds or ramekins.
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Water 2 tbsp
- Milk ½ litre
- Sugar ½ cup
- Eggs 3
- Take Sugar and water in a small pan on low flame.
- Once the sugar dissolves stop stirring.
- Cook it till it turns amber in colour.
- Take it off flame.
- Pour into a 7 inches cake tin.
- In a blender take eggs and sugar.
- Blend for 5 mins.
- Add in milk and blend again for 2 mins.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Place a steamer on high flame.
- When the water in the steamer comes to a boil place the pudding dish and cover with a lid.
- When you see the steam coming out, Lower the flame and cook for 10 mins on low flame.
- Switch off the flame And do not open the lid for next 5 mins.
- Now carefully remove the tin and let it cool down completely.
- Now refrigerate it overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Invert it onto a plate.
- Serve cold.
Do not overcook the pudding else it will get scrambled.
you could add few drops of vanilla essence if you want
Stepwise pictures of Caramel Pudding:
Take sugar and water in a small pan on low flame.
Once the sugar dissolves completely stop stirring it.
Let it cook till it turns amber in colour.
Pour into a 7-inches cake tin.
In a blender take the eggs and sugar.
Blend for 10 mins.
Add in milk and blend again for 5 mins.
Pour into the prepared tin.
Place the tin inside the steamer and cover with a lid.
Cover and cook for 10 mins on low flame.
Now carefully remove it and let it cool down completely.
Invert the pudding onto a plate.