Balti Chicken is included in the menu of almost all the Indian restaurants. This Dish is served in a Balti or a tiny bucket hence the name Balti Chicken. This recipe requires brown gravy. You can use mutton instead of chicken and prepare Balti mutton. vegetarians can add paneer instead of chicken to prepare Balti Paneer. The recipe remains the same.
- Chicken 1.5 kg
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Capsicum 1 finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder ¾ tsp
- Cumin seeds powder ¼ tsp
- Punjabi Garam Masala Powder ½ tsp
- Kitchen king masala ½ tsp
- kasoori methi 1 tbsp
- Elaichi 3
- Brown gravy 1½ cup
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Mawa 1tbsp
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Lemon juice ½ tsp
- Pressure cook the chicken for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan.Add Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Green chilly paste. fry until raw smell goes away.
- Next, add capsicum cubes and fry for a minute.
- Add in Punjabi Garam Masala powder, red chilli powder,, coriander powder, Cumin seeds powder, Kasoori methi, Elaichi, Curd, Mawa, and mix well.
- Add the brown gravy and fry for a min.
- Also, add soya sauce and fry for few secs.
- Add the chicken pieces and chicken stock. let it come to a boil.
- At last add sugar and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with roti, naan or plain rice
Stepwise Pictures Of Restaurant Style Balti Chicken:
Heat oil and ghee in a pan.Add Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Green chilly paste. fry until raw smell goes away.
Next, add capsicum cubes and fry for a minute.
Add in Punjabi Garam Masala powder, red chilli powder,, coriander powder, Cumin seeds powder,
Next, Add the Brown gravy and mix well.
Now, add soya sauce.
Add the cooked chicken pieces and stock.
At last add sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.
Serve hot with some roti or naan.